Corporate History

The story of the STAUFF Group begins in the 1950's in the heart of Germany when the company was founded as a contract machine shop. The company supplied local industrial businesses with customised machined parts.

In the early 1960's, the founder of the company, Arnold Menshen, recognised the advantages of a vibration and noise reducing pipe support.  This was the start of the STAUFF clamp success story.  Originally made of wood, and then later plastic, the clamp is used as a support system for pipes and hoses.

In the modern fields of pipe construction, plant construction, mechanical engineering, mobile hydraulics, offshore and shipbuilding industries, life without the STAUFF clamp is unthinkable.

At the beginning of the company's history, all supplies were shipped from Germany.  In 1972, STAUFF made the journey across the Atlantic to ensure the company could meet increasing demand and guarantee fast availability.  The first overseas branch of STAUFF was established in New Jersey, giving birth to the STAUFF Corporation.

Over the years, STAUFF has continued to grow steadily under the direction of Knut Menshen, while the product portfolio has been continually adapted and expanded.

Today the global network of STAUFF distribution bases and manufacturing facilities covers all corners of the globe.

As a complete provider with branches and trading partners worldwide and a comprehensive product and service portfolio, STAUFF is one of today's leading suppliers in the international hydraulics industry.